Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sewing Sabbatical


I am not sure why, but the last month or so I have not wanted to sew. I have not wanted to do anything creative. Do you ever get that way? When all you want to do is hang out with the one you love and cuddle in front of the TV? That is how I feel lately. It guess maybe it is because of having a bit of an emotional month, but regardless, I feel a little guilty. Like I am letting myself down. Am I just burnt out? I want to want to sew again. I am sure it will come back. The Sunday Seamstress is still in there, I guess she is just taking a bit of a break right now.

Hugs and Kisses, Kristin

3 comments:

Valerie said...

It definitely happens to me every now and then. I honestly don't know how some people can be 100% creative ALL of the time. That's draining just to think about it. Enjoy the time to relax, and when you're back and ready to go at it again, you'll probably be filled with all sorts of new energy and inspiration.

Kristin Ann said...

Thanks Valerie for your insight. You are too sweet! I guess I am learning "how I work". I am just one of those that needs a break sometimes. :)

Kim Taylor Kruse said...

Absolutely. I think of time away from creating the same way I think about white space in a well-designed website or print article -- they're both necessary for you to fully appreciate the great creative work that's happening around the white space.