Saturday, January 9, 2010

Trying Something New

I bought this great magazine (more like a book), "Sew Somerset" over Christmas break. After looking through all the beautiful pages I was very inspired to try something new. I love making my little bags and fabric jewelry, but I have found it can get a little tedious and I really enjoy the creative process of "piecing" things together. I love making anything out of my scraps. My patchwork bags are my favorite bags to make.





I love vintage fabric, buttons, stamps, postcards, beads.... I also love trying new things, needle felting, stamping, print making, embroidery. After reading "Sew Somerset" I realized I could try to incorporate my favorite collectibles and interests in with my sewing projects. I don't know quite how to start. I think I will start small with a little cuff or something. Since it is Saturday morning and my night-owl husband will be in bed for a few more hours, I should go get started now! Maybe I will have something new to post soon!

1 comment:

{courtney} said...

Love, love, LOVE the second bag! You are so talented, creative, amazing, etc.!!!